Friday, March 21, 2008

ATM Error Messages - a selection

“The operation cannot be realized on this machine”

“The card you inserted is not the same as the one used before”

“Reading error”

“Machine temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later.”

“Operation cancelled”

“Please insert your card again” – repeated indefinitely

My personal favorite was going to the Bank of Brasil on Avendia Paulista (São Paulo’s version of 5th Avenue, where there is a bank every 5 feet) and not being able to make a payment with my MasterCard. I was sent through two different lines and assisted by 3 staff before they finally decided the bank was not capable of processing my card. Then I went down the street to the grocery store and bought a jug of water with the same card, no problem. Oh Brazil!

1 comment:

Martha said...

haha! i love this! It reminds me of my "only in Russia" lists I used to make. The receipts that printed out from our ATMs used to say "Thank you for your custom."