Sunday, March 9, 2008

Office Space?

There are benefits to having an affiliate that doesn’t actually want to be affiliated with you. I am not expected to keep regular office hours, nor work on anyone else’s project. On the busy days I am running all over the city following leads as I wish, unlike the two other Fulbrighters I am currently living with, who keep a strict 9-5 at their university offices. Ahh, such is the life of real scientists! At these times I relish the fact I am not cooped up in a lab.


But on the slow days when I have nowhere to go but my apartment I feel a bit like a lost pup. It would be nice to have an “office day” I think, instead of shelling out between $5-15 dollars for an afternoon in the internet café, making calls between the gun-blasts of the nearest pre-teen’s online game.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Wahwa,

This blog is a very good/neat idea. Good luck and I miss you! Keep posting.

MK